Here Is A List Of Things To Look For When Hiring A Contractor.
1. Is the company licensed, bonded and experienced?
( You have a right to ask for proof )
2. How long has the contractor been in business?
3. Check with the Better Business Bureau and see the company’s rating.
4. Check for credentials.
5. Make certain you hire a roofing contractor that offers a guarantee on the project.
6. Always Ask for a Written Contract, if cash is asked upfront that’s a RED FLAG.
7. Does the roofing company crew clean up the job site?
8. Make certain the contract includes specific details of what will be done and what materials will be used.
Also, be sure to get the warranties in writing.
9. It is the Roofing Contractor’s responsibility to obtain the required permits and make sure it is clearly spelled out in the final contract. If you are unsure about what work requires a permit, contact the Department of Building Safety.
10. Look for a roofer that has good communication skills. Poor communication can lead to misunderstandings, a finished job you may not be happy with and unwelcome surprises on your final bill.
A professional roofing contractor will be only too happy supply you with the answers to these questions.